At First Mutual Life, we are committed to creating a workplace which provides an opportunity for all employees and potential employees to fully optimize their potential by working for an Employer of Choice.
ACCOUNTING OFFICER – WESTERN REGION (FIXED TERM)
Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced persons to fill the position of Accounting Officer – Western Region which has arisen within First Mutual Life Assurance, Bulawayo Office. The contract will be for a fixed term duration of up to 18 months.
Reporting to the Financial Accountant, the successful candidate will be responsible for the following: –
• Cashflow management and processing of payments
• Preparation of financial budgets for the region
• Preparation of the region’s profitability reports
• Preparation of the petty cash and accruals journals
• Custodianship of the company’s assets in the region
• Supervision of the finance department staff in the region
• Office Administration
The ideal candidate must possess the following qualifications, experience and attributes:
• Degree in Accountancy or equivalent
• A professional qualification will be an added advantage.
• Three years’ work experience in a similar role or related environment.
• Knowledge of Sage ERP 1000 accounting software and Microsoft applications- excel, word and outlook.
• Results-driven person with attention for detail.
• Mature, self-motivated, takes initiative.
• Excellent communication skills both oral and written
• Possess good leadership qualities.
Candidates meeting the above criteria should forward their Curriculum Vitaes (CVs), copies of academic certificates and application letters with the subject line clearly marked “Accounting Officer – Western Region” to Group Human Resources via the following email, address: email@example.com Applications should be sent by and not later than the 6th of October 2017 by 4pm.
First Mutual Group Talent Acquisition Team.